- 200g Waitaki Oyster Mushrooms (chopped)
- Olive oil
- 1 x spring onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese
- Heat a saucepan and add a dash of olive oil. Stir in the chopped oyster mushrooms and cook until softened, around 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add some more olive oil in the same pan and add the spring onions until cooked, around a minute. Add arborio rice and cook for a further minute until covered with oil.
- Pour in wine and mix until the wine is absorbed (watch for seam!)
- Add vegetable stock ½ cup at a time and stir continuously. Continue to add the broth until the stock is absorbed and the rice is al dente. This should take around 18 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and add parmesan cheese. Reserve some cheese to sprinkle on top and season with salt and pepper.